A fixed-voltage integrated circuit voltage regulator with many potential uses is the LM7809. The L7809 voltage regulator eliminates the distribution problems related to single-point regulation by producing 9V of positive voltage and supporting local on-card regulation. Despite being primarily intended to produce fixed voltage, it can also produce adjustable voltage when used in conjunction with other devices.
- 9V Positive Voltage Regulator
- The minimum Input Voltage is 11V
- The maximum Input Voltage is 35V
- Output Current: 1.5 A
- PSRR / Ripple Rejection: 55 dB
- Output Type: Fixed
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum of 125 degree Celsius
- Available in TO-220
Pinout of the LM7809:
|Input (V+)||Unregulated Input Voltage|
|Ground||Connected to Ground|
|Output (Vo)||Outputs Regulated +9V|
- Most projects use a constant +9V output regulator to power microcontrollers and sensors.
- Adjustable output regulators and current limiters
- Circuit for regulated dual supply output polarity protection