Out Of Stock
The nRF52840-MDK stands as a versatile and user-friendly IoT hardware platform meticulously engineered to support a diverse array of wireless technologies. These technologies encompass Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth Mesh, Thread, IEEE 802.15.4, ANT, and 2.4GHz proprietary applications, all harnessed through the nRF52840 System-on-Chip (SoC).
This development kit emerges with an embedded debugger that's seamlessly integrated—a technological marvel known as "DAPLink." This debugger delivers an array of functionalities, including the convenience of USB drag-and-drop programming, a USB Virtual COM port for seamless communication, and a CMSIS-DAP interface for streamlined debugging processes. What truly sets this kit apart is its inclusion of a Microchip USB 2.0 Hi-Speed hub controller, boasting two downstream ports. One port is dedicated to the DAPLink interface, ensuring smooth and efficient communication for programming and debugging operations. The other port accommodates the nRF52840 USB device controller, enabling seamless interaction with the embedded SoC. Complementing its capabilities, the kit proudly incorporates an ultra-low-power 64-Mb QSPI FLASH memory, ready to store data efficiently. The design includes a programmable user button, an RGB LED for versatile status indication, and an impressive offering of up to 24 GPIOs. To accommodate various use cases, the kit permits antenna selection, providing a degree of flexibility for custom applications. For software development, the nRF52840-MDK has you covered. It aligns seamlessly with the Nordic Software Development Tool-chain, offering compatibility with prominent environments like GCC, Keil, and IAR. Additionally, it's a playground for numerous popular frameworks such as the nRF5 SDK, nRF5 SDK for Mesh, OpenThread, ZigBee 3.0, Mbed OS 5, Zephyr, Mynewt, Web Bluetooth, iBeacon, and Eddystone. This diversity empowers developers to explore, experiment, and innovate across a rich spectrum of wireless protocols.
For more information, you can explore the nRF52840-MDK on its official website: nRF52840-MDK.
- Empowered by an ARM® Cortex®-M4F processor, meticulously tuned for unparalleled ultra-low power performance.
- Seamlessly converges Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth Mesh, Thread, IEEE 802.15.4, ANT, and 2.4GHz proprietary technologies.
- Embraces modernity with an integrated NFC-A tag, enabling seamless Near Field Communication interactions.
- Enhanced connectivity with an integrated USB 2.0 (Full speed) controller.
- Fortified by the ARM TrustZone® Cryptocell 310 security subsystem, ensuring robust security measures.
- Flourishes with 1 MB of FLASH memory and a generous 256 kB of RAM.
Harness the convenience and flexibility of DAPLink for programming and debugging:
- Engage in smooth flash memory programming through the user-friendly MSC drag-and-drop interface.
- Facilitate communication through the CDC virtual com port, catering to logging, tracing, and terminal emulation needs.
- Unleash the potential of the CMSIS-DAP compliant debug channel, seamlessly achieved through the HID interface.
- Extend the debugging capabilities further with the CMSIS-DAP compliant debug channel accessible via WEBUSB HID.
Elevate your design with precision and convenience:
- Incorporates a Microchip 2-Port USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Hub Controller, expanding connectivity possibilities.
- Empowers your projects with external ultra-low power 64-Mb QSPI FLASH memory.
- Embarks on creativity with up to 24 GPIOs, conveniently accessible through headers.
- Seamlessly initiate boot/reset actions with the thoughtfully designed IF Boot/Reset Button.
- Craft your user experience with a programmable Button and a dynamic RGB LED.
- Seamless wireless communication through the on-board 2.4G chip antenna.
- Tailor your antenna solution with the U.FL connector, accommodating external antennas.
- Ensure reliable power delivery with the 3.3V regulator boasting a peak current output of 1A.
- Streamline power management with VBUS & VIN Power-Path Management.
- Embrace the versatility of a reversible USB 3.1 Type-C Connector.
- Adapt to different development environments seamlessly, thanks to the breadboard-friendly design equipped with dual 18-Pin headers.
- Measures 1.97" x 0.9" x 0.51" (50mm x 23mm x 13mm) with headers soldered in
- Weight: G.W 36g