These 8-bit flip-flops contain 3-state outputs designed specifically for driving highly capacitive or relatively low-impedance loads. They are particularly suitable for implementing buffer registers, I/O ports, bidirectional bus drivers, and working registers.
The eight flip-flops of the ’HC374 devices are edge-triggered D-type flip-flops. On the positive transition of the clock (CLK) input, the Q outputs are set to the logic levels that were set up at the data (D) inputs.
An output-enable (OE) input places the eight outputs in either a normal logic state (high or low logic levels) or a high-impedance state. In the high-impedance state, the outputs neither load nor drive the bus lines significantly. The high-impedance state and increased drive provide the capability to drive bus lines without interface or pullup components.
- Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
- High-Current 3-State True Outputs Can
- Drive-Up To 15 LSTTL Loads
- Eight D-Type Flip-Flops in a Single Package
- Full Parallel Access for Loading
- Low Power Consumption, 80-µA Max ICC
- Typical tpd = 14 ns
- ±6-mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 µA Max
8 Position On/Off DIP Switch